Firefox “The connection was reset” woes

So a few days ago Firefox on my Mac starting giving me “The connection was reset” everytime I tried to access my website. The odd part was, if I accessed it in Safari it loaded up perfectly fine. After which if I retried in Firefox it started working.

So tonight whilst I’m up late (on-call this week, so have some work to do tonight), I went on a mission to rid myself of the “The connection was reset” error. Disabling/enabling of plugins and resetting of Firefox preferences later it appears the problem is solved. And in the end it looks like all I had to do was clear my cookies.

And now I’m back in Firefox land 🙂

Next post will be on IE woes… the bain of every developer… especially when the dreaded 3 characters of IE6 is mentioned…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *