Here’s the latest from my microwave cooking adventures (this one did require the use of a grill at one point though).
- Eggplant cut into slices. For a traditional mini pizza look, cut the eggplant horizontally.
- Tomato paste or tomato based pasta sauce
- Any other ingredients/toppings you’d like to add
- Precook the eggplant slices in the microwave on a flat plate. 2 minutes is a good time.
- Take the precooked eggplant slices out and grill them so that they are slightly toasty on both surfaces. This shouldn’t take long as the eggplant is already cooked.
- Once the eggplant is toasted spread a layer of tomato paste onto the top of each add the cheese and any other toppings you’d like.
- Stick it back under the griller to melt the cheese
Picture: This is just a tomato and cheese version. You could make your mini eggplant pizzas look and taste a lot better with additional toppings. How about some herbs or a light coating of olive oil? For meat eaters, maybe a bit of ham here and there. Don’t let the looks deceive you… it actually wasn’t too bad.