I’d been meaning to do a wrap up post but never got round to it. Got some time this evening so here it is.
So all in all, trip was awesome… liked America way more than I expected. So for the best, worst and oddities…
- Las Vegas
- Zion National Park
- Budapest – partly due to the Hungarian currency tanking whilst we were there, and hence us becoming ‘rich’ and stuffing ourselves silly at dinner…
- Way too many tourist bus type tours in Prague
- BMW museum – I’m not a big fan of cars…
All of these are from America…
- Prepaying your petrol before you filled. This was actually quite a pain. Firstly the things in gallons, your driving a car you don’t know how far the mileage goes on a tank, and you can’t use the machine at the bowser because you have an international credit card and hence ‘enter your zip code’ doesn’t really mean much.
- Petrol stations where you have to pay for an undisclosed amount of air?!? To add weirdness the air filly things didn’t even have a gauge, so you couldn’t tell how much more you needed to fill the tyre.
- Lamingtons in Budapest
Oh and there has to be a list dedicated to best food experiences…
- The Buffet at the Bellagio, Las Vegas
- Menza, Budapest. Best food ever, so much so 3 of 4 nights was where dinner was had. Deviated once and it was terrible so decision made, to eat where it was good.
- Chocolate butter kek from Aldi, Munich – and they have the exact same ones here in Aldi, imported from Germany but with a different name… Tastes good ‘cos the EU have a law where chocolate has to be at least 25% cocoa solids… the Aldi chocolate – 35%